The Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation is a global venture philanthropy firm supporting early stage, high impact social enterprises. DRK believe that with early funding and rigorous support, exceptional leaders, tackling some of society’s most complex problems, can make the world a better place.
DRK seek out entrepreneurs who exhibit characteristics of extraordinary leadership: vision, intelligence, influence, ambition, discretion and follow-through.
- Leaders tackling important social issues that can make a difference in the lives of many.
- Models that have the likelihood to be able to scale.
- Social enterprises in the early stages of their development where DRK involvement (financial, as a board member and through other support) can make a real difference.
- On average, organizations are 1-3 years old and the leader is prepared to execute an ambitious plan.
- Social enterprises that are national or global in reach and/or social issue.
- Domestic (U.S.) and international organizations.
- DRK support non-profit, for-profit and hybrid social enterprises.
The Foundation has a rolling online application process throughout the year; there is no deadline to apply. After each application is received, it is carefully reviewed by a Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation staff member. Based on our appraisal of the fit of the venture with our investment style, we select approximately 25% of applications to move to a first interview. Those not invited will receive an email around six weeks after submission to bring the process to a close.
Application can see here:
Additional information about criterias and selection process, please click: